Home of mariachi music and tequila, Mexico is a great travel destination. Mexico is so much more than what you hear on the news, here is a strong sense of cultural pride a deep history. Mexico is a large country making it geographically diverse. You could spend months exploring the different varying regions. Getting lost in beaches, mountains, ruins, history or colonial architecture, whatever you may be interested in you can find in Mexico.
- Located in Continental America
- Currency is the Mexican Peso (MX)
- Capital city is Mexico City
- Official language is Spanish
- Legal drinking age is 18
- Age to legally buy tobacco is 18
- Electrical plug type A and B, which is two flat pins in a vertical alignment
- 127 Volt AC outlets at 60 Hz
- Driving is on the right side of the road
- 4 time zones with most of the country being on Central Time, UTC -6:00
At a Glance
In a Sentence
Don't listen to the news, Mexico is fantastic and the people are incredibly friendly.
Best Time to Visit
With a year-round spring like climate, anytime is great to visit most of Mexico. The Yucatan and Baja areas do experience a hurricane and rainy season but nothing too extreme.
Must See & Do
- Get lost in Guanajuato
- Soak up some sun along the Yucatan
- Learn about the culture
Long distance bus travel is like flying here. It is very comfortable but also pricey. This will be your main expense, especially if you travel across the country.