Home of hockey, maple syrup and poutine, Canada is a constant joy to visit. Well known for having friendly and welcoming people Canadians will take you in and make you feel at home. This country is vast and full of nature, it is a fantastic place to live and explore.
- Located in North America
- Currency is the Canadian Dollar (CAD)
- Capital city is Ottawa
- Official language is English and French
- Legal drinking age is 18 or 19 depending on the province.
- Age to legally buy tobacco is 18 or 19 depending on the province.
- Electrical plug type A and B, which is two flat pins in a vertical alignment
- 120 Volt AC outlets at 60 Hz
- Driving is on the right side of the road
- 6 time zones spanning 4.5 hours
At a Glance
In a Sentence
Growing up next to the Canadian border, Canada has always been a place and people I can relate to.
Best Time to Visit
Canada is full of year round activities, depending on what you are into.
Must See & Do
- The Rocky Mountains
- East cost lobster
- Calgary Stampede
- Skiing at Whistler
- Eating Pouting
The country is vast, there is a lot of wilderness and empty areas, so getting across could be expensive. Having your own transportation is key.